Utica on the Map

Utica on the Map
Smack in the Center

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Beyond Poor Dog

I grew up in the 50's, an era when dogs were considered just that, dogs. Not sentient, intelligent beings who belong on the planet as much, if not more, than we do. I changed my attitude about that years ago, when I began having dogs of my own and came to understand their dog wisdom. In a crazy world, my dogs comfort me more than I can say, and obviously there are millions and millions of people who feel the same.

Here in my hometown, someone left a pit bull out on one of the coldest days of the year, when the temperature was below zero in double digits. His feet are frost bitten and raw. He shows signs of other abuse. What do we do with such people? What is justice in this situation? What should the penalty be? Is a dog just a dog?

According to the local paper (see link below), donations are coming in from all over.





























http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Apollo-improves-at-local-vet-hospital-no-charges-yet-in-case-114618114.html

No comments:

Post a Comment