Utica on the Map

Utica on the Map
Smack in the Center

Friday, May 13, 2011

Gourmet Utica: Joeys


This will not be news to anyone who has lived here for any length of time, because Joeys has been around for roughly 20 years and has changed hands at least once, but it's a great restaurant, one of my favorites. It provides the simplest and most basic of Italian dishes--manicotti, lasagne, ziti, meatballs, eggplant parm, chicken parm, etc--as well as creative, delicious specials every night. The pasta is fresh homemade and the dining rooms remind me of Little Italy and Italy Italy and "The Godfather."  You almost forget you are in East Utica on the corner of Mohawk and Lansing Streets.

Little Italy, Italy Italy and "The Godfather"

I have been to Joeys with almost everyone I know over the years--with my family, people I worked with, for parties, and on Saturday nights with Ray.

And of course, I have to mention that a portrait of my former brother in law, Sal Amico, a jazz musician, holds an honored place on the wall near the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment